ECONOUS2017 PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY TO:
- connect with social innovation leaders from across Canada who share a passion for building strong, inclusive community economies;
- learn what’s working to generate positive local economic, social and environmental impacts;
- share your successes, challenges and questions on Thriving Communities, Good Jobs, and Doing Business Differently; and
- reinvigorate efforts for change in your community and organization through new ideas, knowledge and connections.
EconoUs2017 builds on the long history of successful national conferences organized by the Canadian Community Economic Development Network and partners across the country since 2001. More than 3,500 people have attended this event over the past 13 years in 8 conferences. This year, we expect to welcome up to 350 attendees from across the country, and connect to over 15,000 people online.
ECONOUS2017 IS HOSTED IN CALGARY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
- Thrive is a trusted resource for local economy leaders, entrepreneurs and neighbourhood champions to build and sustain the local economy from the ground up.
- Momentum is a change-making organization that combines social and economic strategies to reduce poverty.
- Calgary Economic Development works with business, government and community partners to position Calgary as the location of choice for the purpose of attracting business investment, fostering trade and growing Calgary’s workforce.
- REAP is an association for locally owned businesses that care about people and the planet.
- The Institute for Community Prosperity connects learning, research and change leadership to build community and strengthen the common good.
- The Calgary Regional Partnership is a collaborative network of 14 municipalities in the Calgary Region that work together to ensure growth occurs in a sustainable manner.